3.24.2011

My Idol . . .

You remember back in the day when the teachers asked us to write a paper about our "idol"?? Some people wrote about presidents, others about their Mom's or Dad's, maybe 2 or 3 wrote about sports figures….me, I wrote about Julia Child.
Yeah, I know, it gets old reading that she is someone's "idol"….but back then there weren't many of us that idolized her.


Nowadays, my "idol" is a lady called Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman. I really want to be like her when I grow up. Like really.

She's the Mom of a few, she cooks, she blogs, she homeschools, she takes beautiful pictures, AND she's married to bonafide cattle rancher. Gotta love her!! She will be *lovingly* regarded from now on as PW.

PW has this awesome website and awesome cookbook.

 



 (this is my copy which has dozens of paperclips marking my favorite recipes)



















And its not even all about the deliciously fattening and good looking food, its about the pictures and the colors and the homeyness and …let me stop….'cause I could go on and on.


I tend to try A LOT of her recipes, mainly because they're like magnets and draw me in. They'll be here. . . .soon.

Oh, did I mention that she has a romance novel also...yeah she does....its her personal love story.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment