8.13.2010

Quest for the greatest Chewy Choco-Chip Cookie

I'm on a quest...well maybe a few quests...but this specific one is about the perfect Chewy Choco-Chip Cookie. 

I've started by following a recipe from In the Sweet Kitchen.

The recipe is named "The Ultimate Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookie"....the results were a very, very cakey (not chewy) cookie.  I can imagine that there are those who LOVE these type of cookies, but I'm not one of them. To each their own.



My first mistake - - I should have cut the recipe in half, this made a a lot of dough.





 The book said to bake for 12-15 minutes and I pulled them at 12, only 'cause I was a bit confused since they didn't (not even slightly) alter in shape.


And what I got was mini choco chip cakes. Since I wasn't in to them, I took them to work and they were all gone by 10am....maybe all in the garbage by 10am?!?


I only baked half of the batter...so to the rest I added a tsp of baking powder and 1/4 cup (more) of brown sugar and took those to work also.

We'll start all over again next time with a totally new recipe since this one didn't make the cut.

I won't share the recipe because I REALLY didn't like plus I altered a portion of it. But (because I like you) if you email me for it, I'll send it to you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment